If points were awarded for procrastination on the course that I'm doing, I'd achieve a big gold star! The first assignment's due to be submitted at the beginning of next week and I've been using one excuse after another to put off making a start. Until today that is. It's taken me all bloody day to end up with only 200 words, but that's all we're allowed for part one of the assignment anyway. Taking into account the amount of chopping and changing I did, I probably wrote closer to 2000 words over the course of the day!
Anyway, that's the first part of the assignment done and - as is usual when I've left something to the last minute - I wonder why I wasted so much time procrastinating. Why don't I ever remember how good it feels to complete something that I instinctively want to put off doing? Sometimes, for goodness sake, I'd even rather do the ironing (and I HATE ironing) than sit down to write (and I LOVE writing)! It just doesn't make any sense.
So, only two more parts of the assignment to go. I'll hopefully push on with it tomorrow. Having said that, there is a massive pile of ironing waiting to be done......
I think it's human nature to leave everything to the last minute Jane! Enjoying your blog - I was at Holyrood on Saturday and saw Derek, but didn't see you or your gang. Hopefully we'll catch up soon. Ian
ReplyDeleteThanks Ian - I still feel like a total apprentice blogger! Been great getting tips and advice from Ali too.
ReplyDeleteWill no doubt see you running around some muddy field or another soon.