There I was, sitting in front of the computer thinking how nice it would be not to be sitting in front of the computer, when I was saved by the bell! It was one of my good pals phoning to ask if I’d like to join her for lunch. Perfect timing! I did, for a fleeting moment, consider turning her down – I did still have a lot of work to get through after all – but then I remembered that old motto of the ‘work from home’ brigade: “Sod it, I’m my own boss, I’ll do what the hell I like!” More importantly, my friend is one who is definitely in need at the moment and I didn’t want to let her down. Heart ruled over head.
So, off I trotted up the road to enjoy a good catch-up and a very delicious homemade mushroom soup. My pal’s not had a good year – in fact, she’s had a totally shit year – and things are extremely tough for her. But, she put a brave face on today, made some soup and sarnies, laid the table and lifted the phone. Sometimes gestures that appear little and normal are actually big and courageous.
Give your pal a great big hug from me and tell her I was thinking about her over the new year. I hope this year will be much better for her and the family.
ReplyDeleteAli xxx
I'll do that with pleasure Ali x
ReplyDelete