Sunday, 2 January 2011

doing my wee bit..

For the past 6 years our villagers have donated money, that they would ordinarily have spent on Christmas cards for their neighbours, to CHAS. Robin and Rachel House are our two local children's hospices and they depend heavily on donations from the public. There's a double whammy to this; I get to 'do my wee bit' for CHAS every year by organising the collection and putting together the community Christmas card, but it also helps me to keep up with the comings and goings of folk in the village - now that the kids are older, it's more difficult to keep up with the goss!

This morning I piled all the cheques into an envelope - along with a cheque from me to cover all the cash donations - ready to deliver to CHAS. It didn't take too long, and it's just a little thing, but it did make me feel really good and proud to be part of such a generous wee community!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!