The return of the snow was, on the whole, not welcomed in our household (especially as son number one is desparate to sit his driving test but it keeps on getting postponed!) However, yesterday was a great day as Alex and Ross were racing in a gorgeous setting at Holy Rood Park in Edinburgh. It's a favourite day on the running calendar in our house as the event incorporates international, along with inter-district, cross country competitions and also the Great Winter Run, which is for all ages and abilities. Alex's days of selection are (temporarily he assures me) over, so he was running in the Winter Run, while Ross had been selected to run for the East District.
I can't think of anywhere I'd rather have been (OK, maybe a slight exaggeration as a holiday to Barbados would go down well at the moment, but you get the gist!) Lovely surroundings, lovely people - as are most of the running community - and lovely catering to warm the cockles! Whilst plans for most other sporting events were unfortunately scuppered due to the weather, conditions were perfect for the, some would say, mad crew that make up the cross country running fraternity. I consider myself extremely lucky to be a supporting part of it.
| Carb re-loading! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!