Thursday, 20 January 2011

What I saw not what I did

I've changed the title of the blog as I don't think "What have I done today to make me feel good?" was right. And I still don't think the title's right, but it'll do for now. Lots of things make me feel good, but obviously they're not always things that I've done. It's probably defeating the original purpose of the blog ("I'll write about doing stuff that makes me feel good, that way I'll make sure I actually do stuff that makes me feel good") but hey-ho.

So, now I can tell you about something I saw today that made me feel good: I saw a deer. Now, I know you were probably expecting something more exciting, but I can't help it - even though I live in an area where seeing a deer really isn't that uncommon, it still gives me such a buzz when I do. This morning's wee deer was standing right out in the middle of one of the fields that we drive past on the way into Ross's work.There it was, shrouded in the freezing fog with that lovely hazy pink morning light all around it - aw, it was just lovely.

I shouted to Gordon, in the back of the car (not to Ross as he was driving..), "Look! A deer! Can you see it?"
"What? I can't hear you."
"Look! A wee deer! In the field!"
"What?"
"A deer! Did you see it? A wee deer!... Gordon, have you got those bloody headphones in?"
"I've taken them out. What is it?"
"Did you not see the deer?"
"Nope"
"Gordon! How did you not see the deer? Aw, it was lovely. A wee fallow deer. In the field back there."

"Gordon! Have you got those bloody headphones back in?!"

OK, so not everyone in the family shares my enthusiasm, but I still think there's something really special about spotting a deer out in the wild just a few miles from the house.

And it certainly does make me feel really good.

3 comments:

  1. Hullo Jane - Thanks for visiting and leaving me such a flattering comment. {Actually I wisnae sure I would get ma heid in the door here!}

    Despite what you said about being unsure of blogging it seems like you're off to a good start. Visiting and commenting on other blogs is a sure fire way to get folk to come and check you out and some will like what they read and join up. I find most people who visit - or even follow - don't comment regularly. After almost 2 years and now 55 'followers' I get regular comments only from 8 or 9 of them, but you do end up having good contact through the comments.

    Like you I was unsure when I started, I'd never written anything before and have found inspiration, if you can call it that, from everywhere so the blog is a fair old mix of stuff that makes my brain cell tick. It's taken a while to get my 'voice' for the blog too and it sometimes changes when I write some of my history stuff for instance or about the RAF.

    In general I don't worry too much about what I post - or how often. It's just what's floating about or has stuck in the brain cell that day. I think you'll get on fine.

    You don't need to get it right. Just get it written........

    Kind regards,
    Al.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Al,

    Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely comment - I'll certainly be taking your advice on board. I'll continue to look forward to reading about your expoits aff the bucket too!

    Cheers

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Jane,

    By the way, if you want to see what people are reading, since you're on blogger, you can see some info on the 'stats' button if you go to your dashboard page and look from there. It lets you see where people are coming from and what they are looking at. It's been going for some months now. Looks to me like it updates every few hours or so and lists info for day/week/month and all time.

    To try and encourage more reading I have installed a bar at the bottom of my posts which automatically links up with any tags I have given the post and offers readers something similar - although it also seems to do a random choice thingy too. {I'm not that pc literate} I installed them myself so it must have been easy.

    Looking at the stats I get for whats been read a lot of people seem to use this function which might be handy when you have a body of stuff on the blog.

    OK enough.

    Don't mean to preach. Just have fun and be yourself.

    Regards.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!