Friday, 7 January 2011

Good day to meet with a great friend...

You know how there are friends, and then there are friends? Well, today I met up with one of my best friends. You know the sort? They're the ones that, amongst other things: patiently listen to your rambling stories; let you boast unashamedly about your children; sympathise and let you cry unashamedly when shit happens; encourage then congratulate you when good stuff happens; stay the same at heart when their circumstances change and, well, just generally make you feel good.

So, meeting up with Elaine today was definitely a good call as today was tinged with sadness. We lost someone very dear to us this time last year and David's been in my thoughts throughout the day - I can't even begin to imagine how the family will be feeling. It's been a long, really difficult year for them all - but also incredible and successful in many ways too, for which David would have been immensely proud. Hopefully, with good friends round about to support them, they'll continue to get on with things as best they can, and find the peace and happiness that they all deserve.

1 comment:

  1. Completely agree! I don't even want to think how I would be right now without the support of my friends.

    Loving the photo!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!