Thursday, 30 June 2011

Ross coming home


If the strike by customs officers hasn’t caused too much disruption, Ross will hopefully be stepping on a plane in Lanzarote to head for home. A friend asked me last night if he'll have done much in the way of running while he was on holiday. I explained that Club La Santa’s a specialised resort that’s geared around sport so, yes, Ross will have been doing a bit of running while he was there.

That’s actually a slight understatement. Ross’s activities during the first week of his fortnight’s holiday (Coach, look away now!) consisted of:

Day one:  Wee 5 mile off-road run in the morning. Tennis. Badminton. 9 mile run up in the hills in the evening. 

Day two: 7.5 mile morning run. Squash. Competed in 5km road race in the evening.

Day three: Morning 10 mile training run round the track. Track session (4 x 300m, 8 x 150m, 4 x 200m) before dinner.

Day four: Competed in Duathlon in the morning (2.5km run, 14.8km on the bike, 2.5km run) then competed in Aquathlon in the afternoon (200m swim then 3km run).

Day five: Competed in half marathon race before breakfast. Track session (12 x 200m) in the afternoon.

Day six: Competed in Mini-triathlon in the morning (400m swim, 15.2km bike, 4.4km run), 7.5 mile off-road run in the evening.

He’ll also have squeezed in some sunbathing, swimming, clubbing, lots of eating and plenty of carbo-loading (Coach, look away now) with beer - and week two will have been filled with much of the same.

I’m delighted that Ross has had a great time on holiday with his pals – but I’ve missed him being around and I can’t wait to have him back home. And, I'm especially looking forward to hearing all about that little bit of running he managed to do while he was away...

2 comments:

  1. Hi pal hope Ross has a safe journey home I can only imagine how you will feel when he is home safe and sound having had a brilliant time away your anon pal x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks pal. He's home safe and sound - and,(Grrr) very brown! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!