Thursday, 10 March 2011

A phone call and new friends

The phone rang last night while I was doing some work using a voice recorder. I forgot to press the pause button before I answered the phone and I now have a recording to keep for posterity of me bawling: “OH MY GOD! AW PET, AW, I’M SO PROUD OF YOU! OH MY GOD!” ..pause.. “ I’M SO CHUFFED FOR YOU!” It was Gemma phoning to let us know that, following her recent interview, she’s been accepted for an Easter Internship with JP Morgan down in London. The recording speaks for itself really!

And today was a good day too – though, like yesterday, it was tinged with a bit of sadness as I had to say some reluctant goodbyes. It was the last day of one of my courses (not the OU one unfortunately) and I was delighted to come away with a wee certificate stating that I’d passed. Much more importantly, I came away armed with a new set of skills and a new set of pals. Nevertheless, I’ll really miss my Thursday ‘course days’ in Dunblane; I’ll miss my lovely tutor and having a whole day away from the computer and phone, but I’ll especially miss spending one day a week with a lovely bunch of people, a few of whom have become pretty special friends over the past few months. It was hard saying our Goodbyes today, and a fair few tears were shed. However, I’m now looking forward to the start of the next module of the course - which I’m starting through in Edinburgh next month – and I’m definitely looking forward to keeping up with my new pals away from the classroom and getting to know them even better (probably over a nice bottle of wine or two!). And I predict that that’s going to make me feel really good!

3 comments:

  1. Today was amazing, I thought we'd leave feeling a bit empty but to leave with all the lovely feedback messages was rather special indeed... and even better than that was to know that I have found at least a few new lovely friends xxx PS looking fwd to that bottle of wine at some point x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to the new pals getting an appointment with you Jane-y-o!!! Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Have your shoes on and ready to roll at quarter to...xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda - can't say often enough how special today was. I'm so lucky to have landed myself with such a fantastic group. And you had a massive part to play in that. xxx And, as my old friend Sue will testify - me, wine and friends go pretty well together!
    Hey missus, Shoes will be on and I'll be ready and waiting - looking forward to catching up xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!