Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Working lunch

I met up with an old friend for lunch yesterday at Gleneagles. I love Gleneagles – mostly because Alex and I have, over the years, celebrated various special occasions there (we can’t afford to go there for any old occasion!) but also because it’s a beautiful old building set in beautifully maintained grounds. Ignoring the pomp, circumstance and palaver that I can’t stand which comes along with some of the golfing fraternity, I’ve always found it to be a warm, welcoming place. And it’s not all extortionate; prices in the Dormy House or in the wee place beside the lodges are within, what I consider to be, an acceptable range for lunch!

However, I didn’t have to think about that yesterday as I was treated to a business lunch by my friend, who was presenting me with a proposal to become involved in a new venture that he’s setting up. Alex and I have had our own wee business for years, and I’m totally within my comfort zone, so it’s quite a thought to consider becoming involved in something new and completely different. Will I have the time to do it alongside my own business? Am I capable of doing it? Do I want to do it?  And so on.

 I’m thinking I should live up to my middle-aged status and consider this as part of that clichéd ‘doing something for me’ caper. Or, be a bit like Danny Wallace’s ‘Yes Man’; agree to everything and don’t think about the consequences too much.  Hm, maybe not. Didn't he end up sleeping with an old lady that could do unmentionable things with her teeth out.....?! Perhaps a little bit more mulling over is required after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!