Today was a good hair day. Now, I know this'll sound pretty shallow, but sometimes I find that one slip of the comb, or one strand too many straightened, or a curlier than usual coo’s lick, or a misjudged timing of ‘getting my roots done’ can all contribute to a ‘hair don’t’ rather than a ‘hair do’ and consequently raise the probability of having a bad day. Sometimes it doesn’t work like that; sometimes with bad hair I go on to have a good day, but when I have good hair the probability of having a good day is dramatically increased!
Nothing very much happened today; just an ordinary day really. I work worked all morning, popped over to see mum at lunchtime, did some coursework this afternoon, made a stir fry for dinner, watched University Challenge tonight (got TWO questions right!!) and, in between, enjoyed some chit chat with Alex and the boys. But ordinary days can be good days for no particular reason and today was one of those – whether it was down to a particularly successful session with the straightners this morning, or whether it was because nothing bad happened, today was a good day.
The fact that noone, except for mum and the men in my life, saw my hair was irrelevant really. Which just goes to show that it's not always about the impression you give other people, it's sometimes just about how you feel in yourself; today I had a good hair day - and it made me feel good!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!