I love that my 15 (almost 16) year old son has no qualms about presenting his pals with a poem for their birthday and I love that he’s following in his auld maw’s footsteps! I really enjoy writing wee ditties and have done so for many years. I won’t ever be invited to be Stirling’s Machar, but I like to think that over the years my wee ditties have given my friends and family a few laughs - or sometimes made them shed a few tears - whilst, hopefully, making them feel a bit special at the same time. It makes me feel really good and really proud to think that Gordon’s presents will, hopefully, have the exact same effect on his pals (and teacher) tomorrow!
| Looking the part, but not quite Burns |
Its good to see that Gordon is following in your footsteps and I am sure his friends and teacher really appreciate the effort he has made. Well done Gordon and again it makes you think nature or nurture and I believe a bit of both! Love Gordon's photo by the way. form your good pal anon xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Jane! Thanks for dropping by my place! Lovely to meet you here too, I'm going to enjoy catching up with you.
ReplyDeleteGlad you like the photo Karen - got a rollicking from Gordon for posting it (but he said I could leave it on, so he couldn't have been that bothered!)
ReplyDeleteAnd Nicky - thanks so much for taking the time to drop by and comment from across the pond!