(Because surely there's at least a little bit of something good in every day?)
Thursday, 16 June 2011
See some folk
The flight I was on this morning from Gatwick to Edinburgh cost £30 and it took just over an hour to fly from one city to the other. Yesterday, it took just over 7 hours to get from Stirling to London and it cost roughly £70 in petrol. OK, so there were two of us in the car, which means that cost-wise it was eachy-peachy but, I had so much more fun sitting in the car with my daughter than I did sitting on a plane beside a wifey who’d never heard of arm-rest etiquette!! And, what is it with these folk that go and stand in the queue at the gate before the staff have even announced boarding? I can understand it when it’s a family or a group of friends that want to stick together, but nearly every person standing like a numpty in the queue this morning was on their own. And they literally pushed past people to get to the line - then stood looking down on all of us sitting on the seats around them, ‘Ha ha, look at me, I’m going to get the window seat!’ you could almost hear them saying. However, what they didn’t realise was that a couple of big buses were coming to take us all to the plane and that when the buses arrived at the plane they were going to open all their doors at once and that everyone was going to pile out together. Those of us that had sat for the longest in the terminal were last on to the bus, and therefore first off. I’ve never felt so good about sitting down on a seat next to the window in a plane! Sometimes it’s the silliest little unexpected gems in a day that can make us feel great. Having said that, my pleasure was short-lived when it was spoiled by a wee wifey on a big mission to break all the rules regarding aeroplane arm-rests...! See some folk...!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
At times you and I think so alike it's uncanny and maybe its because we were brought up in the same mould, party hard but respect other human beings and make the most out of what you have. The most prized and treasure gifts are your friends! So I also find it extremely annoying when other people are not aware on public transport that you have your personnel space and they have there's. It's not that difficult or is it? Your anon pal xxx
ReplyDeleteLOVE that pal!! Aw, yup, we're definitely singing from the same song sheet - as usual! xx
ReplyDelete