Tuesday, 9 October 2012

The boys and their beer coming home from Belgium

Alex and the boys are just back from a long weekend trip to Belgium.  Some wee blog post or another in the future I’ll tell you all about Alex and Ross’s beer project but, in the meantime,  it’s suffice to say that the boys combine their love of running with their love of beer and use both as an excuse to visit new places and have good fun! Gordon's not fussed about running, but he’s reached an age where he’s more than happy to join in with the beer-drinking aspect of the project!

The main reason for their trip was the Brussels half marathon. Unfortunately Ross couldn’t run as he has a bad dose of the lurgy, but Alex enjoyed the race and ran a pretty respectable time. Yup, there’s still plenty of life in the auld dog yet! I had a lovely time with Gemma while the boys were away; we didn’t venture off anywhere exciting, but just enjoyed spending some good quality blethering time together at home!

So, a good weekend was had by all and I’m looking forward to tucking in to the Belgian chocolate that was brought home. Having said that, I’m actually surprised they had any room at all for chocolate in the car......


2 comments:

  1. This seems to be a good time of year for all things beer! My husband and I are going to go to a local Oktoberfest craft beer tasting event next weekend. Should be fun - at least I like beer. Glad you had a lovely time with Gemma, and enjoy that chocolate. Yum! (It goes well with beer, so they say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the late reply to this Rebecca - your comment seems to have been lost in the blogosphere for a while!! I hope you enjoyed the beer tasting event. I too enjoy drinking beer - if you can't beat them....!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!