Friday, 24 February 2012

Smiling from behind my hands

OK, so, I did contemplate attacking last night's post with the edit key on blogger, but I've decided to leave the post alone. It was written from a very happy heart and I've got a feeling it'll be nice to look back on in years to come!

Before I leave it behind though, I'd like to make a bit of an addition; since the post turned into a bit of an Oscars speech, I'd also like to thank my lovely wee Mum! In the same vein as last night's blurb; I'm very lucky to have her and I so appreciate her support. I should also, of course, acknowledge all the encouragement and 'just being there-ness' provided by some of my special friends - but I think it's definitely time I stopped and got off the stage!

I'm off to drink a pint of water along with a couple of hango.., I mean, headache pills. Hello new day!

5 comments:

  1. Tut tut......and on a school night as well!!!

    Mwahahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ocht, days like that don't come along all that often Al - got to grab them and celebrate in style...even if it is a school night! :)

      Delete
  2. Lol! You are my inspiration. I hope to be in the same position this time next year :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ali, what a lovely thing to say! I'm so touched by that. You've already had quite a journey to contend with, and it's been a privilege to watch you taking it by the balls and making the most of every new challenge you've had to face. I've got absolutely no doubt that whatever you're doing this time next year, you'll have grabbed every opportunity on the way there and made the very most of it. :) xx

      Delete
  3. Just had to record this wee email that came from my Mum tonight:

    "Don't know how to send a comment but want to say I'll always be happy to support you I'm so proud of the five of you. love Mum xxxxx"

    Love you so much Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!