I think I’ll just let this recording – of our first attempt at the new arrangement we learned tonight - do the talking for a wee change .....
(Because surely there's at least a little bit of something good in every day?)
Monday, 10 October 2011
Simply being at choir
I was a bit harassed before I left for choir rehearsal earlier. I’m sure it’s much the same for most members of the group; some come straight from work, some have to sort out last-minute babysitting arrangements, some rush straight there from Uni ... there’s a whole load of reasons why it might be a bit of a mad dash to get along to practice on a Monday evening. For me on this occasion, the reason was a fairly testing and difficult Samaritans shift that ran on a bit late but, as ever, I’m so glad that I did make it along. Being at choir simply always makes me feel good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
While it might be tempting to give tomorrow morning's women's quartet rehearsal a miss tomorrow morning (so much work to do), I know it will lift my spirits and I will be humming our songs the rest of the day. I enjoyed your choir...and hope to hear the end result!
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed it Rebecca. This was ony our first wee attempt so, I too, am looking forward to the final result! I agree that no matter how busy we are or how much we have to do, we should always try really hard to fit in a sing-song!
ReplyDelete