Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Wishing Heart of Scotland Choir a Happy First Birthday

To be sung to the tune of Flower of Scotland:

O Heart of Scotland
Today’s the day
That you are one
So Ha-appy Birthdaaay
To members all and one
Who stand together (WITH WHO?)
Our o-own wee sections
To sing for the choir
With all our chums.

One year has passed now
And many gigs have come and gone
Like Wallace and Bertie
The castle and BBC One
We stood together (WITH WHO?)
Our own wee sections
To sing for the choir
With all our chums.

What lies ahead now?
What dizzy heights
Can we attain?
And how much more special
Could be our Annie and Jane?
We stand together (WITH WHO?)
Our own wee sections
To sing for the choir
With all our chums.

O Heart of Scotland
Today’s the day
That you are one
So Ha-appy Birthdaaay
To members all and one
Who stand together (WITH WHO?)
Our own wee sections
To sing for the choir
With all our chums.

6 comments:

  1. Ha!

    Very nice.

    {And a bit scary}

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Don't think I'm quite ready to give MacCaig a run for his money quite yet Al...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe! So sweet :) Happy 1st Birthday to them. Love their name too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gemma - thanks pet! Hadn't written a wee ditty for a while, so enjoyed throwing this one together!

    Nicky - thanks! I also love the name; so appropriate as we're based right in the middle of Central Scotland and we're definitely full of heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some comments from FB:

    Jane H: Brilliant Jane! Might need to record this version at some point! :-)

    Me: If I was more techno-savy, you know I would've sung it instead of typing it....or, maybe not

    Dianne: brilliant Jane....can you guess what I'm doing????...........canny post comments on yer blog.....forget how to SOZ xx

    Me: Eh, singin..?! Haha - no worries about the blog comments - lovely to hear from you anywhere any time!

    Dianne: I was sniffling

    Me: Aw, I thought as much. Big hugs

    Mair: Amazing Jane! :)

    Annie: Amazing Jane.

    Christine: Another piece of quality writing from the Milne camp, genius Mrs

    Margaret: Another songwriter!!?? haha - brilliant Jane

    Aw, glad you liked it folks. :-)

    Margaret: Ha ha on second thoughts, don't record this version Jane Hamilton. We're confused enough! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!