Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Celebrating more certificates

I love gummy sweeties, so Alex couldn’t have picked a better pressie to mark the completion of Module Three of my counselling course than the two packets of M&S Percy Pigs he brought home from work last night! (The wee bottle of bubbly went down a treat too but, mmmmm, Percy Pigs...) One more module to go and I’ll have the full Certificate under my belt, then I can - at last - think about moving on to the Diploma. But that’s for next year; today it was just a big relief to get my marked assignment back, do the dreaded presentation of our assignment then be awarded my Module pass.

As if that wasn’t enough excitement for one day, it was a double celebration as Gordon was presented with his Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award at school later on in the evening. We had such a lovely time and I, not for the first time since way back when Gemma first started there, was reminded how great our local High School’s been for my kids. The pupils had all prepared wee talks about their experiences - which they presented in groups before receiving their awards - and I was so very proud of Gordon. He just made it look so ridiculously easy. I mean, there was me earlier on in the day; knees knocking, hands shaking, sweat dripping, voice trembling – when all I had to do was sit in front of a small group of fellow students and my tutor and deliver a ten minute presentation on my assignment. It was such a relief when it was over. On the other hand, tonight, there was Gordon; striding confidently up to the front of the hall, leading his wee group in the talk, wearing a big smiley face, not having shaky hands, keeping his head up, speaking loudly and clearly, making the hall full of parents, teachers and fellow students laugh, working the remote for the accompanying slide show, helping the rest of the group with their wee bits...and, best of all, making his Duke of Edinburgh experience sound fun and exciting, when he actually didn’t really enjoy it all that much at all! Aw, I was just so proud and I wish I had half his confidence!

We rounded off the night with a carry out curry accompanied by the dregs of the bubbly. A lovely way to finish a good day – and, just to top it off, there's still one packet of Percy Pigs left in the cupboard....

1 comment:

  1. Comments from FB:

    Sian: Well done you and well done to Gordon too x Percy Pigs rule!

    Me: Haha! Aw, it's always great to find a fellow gummy-lover! Thanks Sian.

    Ali: Well done on completing your module three! I'm hoping to start module one very soon. Have you tried Reversy Percys yet? Lol!!

    Me: Thanks Ali. That's great you've decided to go ahead with the course! Where are you doing it? Hahahaha - the other packet in the cupboard is Reversy Percys - am about to tuck in! Xx

    Ali: Dunblane in January. Looking into the ILA stuff first before officially signing up

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!