Thursday, 22 September 2011

Realising it's time to stop stop stop stop sobbing!

There are lots of things that are bad about social networking sites but, for every one of those things, there does tend to be something else that's good. We'll say that anyway as it helps to justify – in my mind – logging onto Facebook on a fairly regular basis! One of those good things is the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when one of your friends either drops you a wee message or posts you a wee link to cheer you up when you’re feeling a bit down. Back in the olden days, we would’ve lifted the phone or written a letter – but the sentiment’s just the same either way.

Now - as I might just have mentioned recently - I’m feeling pretty sad at the moment. However, some of the messages and other such things that my pals have been sending through texts, emails and Facebook have really cheered me up (maybe only for a few brief moments - as I’m not quite ready to stop wallowing yet - but they’ve cheered me up all the same!). One of these, a message and link that my friend Sue posted (onto my Facebook wall), not only made me smile, but also made me realise that it’s time to stop talking about my tears! So, here’s the link, along with a promise to stop any more stories of my maudlin feelings over Ross moving out. It’s time to get a grip, publicly at least!


6 comments:

  1. Aw sorry to hear you were feeling sad but I'm sure the kind people around you have helped pick you up, {{hugs}} xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynne. You're absolutely right - so many good friends! I was just skimming over the past few posts that I've written on the blog and realised that they've all revolved around my emptying nest sadness! Decided it was time to bring that to a halt! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Jane - pull yourself up by the doo-dahs n get yourself ready to look after ME this time next year...ly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look on the bright side Jane? less washing up and more control of the remote and the BEST bit ? ...... looking forward to the anticipation of a visit, days before he comes home for a visit :-)
    You must have great kids as friends of mine with similar aged kids usually throw a party when one leaves home !!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that Anon (I don't know if I know you?!). You're dead right - I'm looking forward to Ross's first visit back home - and I have noticed I'm doing loads less washing! There's always a silver lining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From FB:

    Nicola: Dry your eyes mate, cause your smile is sooo much nicer ;) xx

    Christine: Just checked Kleenex share price, yep down again lol xx

    Linda: Getting a grip and being 'normal ' is totally over-ratedin my opinion - you have picked me up many a time when i've been feeling down lately - love and hugs in abundance are heading your way xxxxxx

    Stevie: Wine

    Me: Thanks pals! Linda Sterry - am surprised you can type tonight after your Zumba exploits! And wine would normally be great idea - but heading out the door for a night shift in Falkirk! Will save it for tomorrow...! xx

    Linda: PMSL Heehee Zumba was hilarious!! And am shocked that I'm not sore today. Have been procrastinating enough re my assignment - tomoz is d-day!! btw I will ensure the Kleenex share price remains in its rightful place!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!