Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Mum and her Tesco vouchers

My mum has always played a big part in her grandchildren’s lives and, even though they’re practically all grown up now, she still gets a lot of pleasure out of doing ‘Gran’ things with them. One of those things involves the relinquishing of her hard-earned Tesco vouchers!

On Monday it was Ross’s turn to do the rite of passage visit to the big Tesco in Cumbernauld with Gran to shop for some of the stuff he needs for moving in to his student flat. I tagged along - doing my very best not to interfere, but having to, just occasionally, stick my neb in – and smiled as I listened to my mum and my son debate the merits of such things as a pyrex measuring jug over a plastic one, or a frying pan over a wok, or a fish slice over a spatula. All essential items, of course, for a Fresher at Uni...

Seriously though, it was a lovely way to spend a Monday lunchtime and a nice start to our preparations for Ross’s move. It just seems like no time at all since Mum was taking the kids away for a play in the park, and I love that my lot (and her other grandchildren) still enjoy spending time with her ... whether she’s spoiling them with her Tesco vouchers, plying them with her home-baking or calling on them for help with her mobile phone!  Yup, my auld maw's been - and continues to be - a great wee Gran, and we're all so lucky to have her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!