It's a good job we didn't come away on holiday with the intention of lounging around on the beach all week! We've had two days of warm sunshine - warm being the operative word - with the rest of the time being a bit dull and overcast. (The rain on our first morning here thankfully didn't really come to much.) The fact is that we wouldn't normally manage a holiday away from it all at this time of year at all so we're determined to make the very most of it, no matter the weather.
So far we've done a fair bit of exploring by bike and by car and today Alex's away doing some more exploring on a boat. There's a marina right opposite our hotel and the big sign that says 'Deep Sea Fishing Trips' has been shouting out to him ever since we arrived. He did take a bit of persuading to go though: 'Ocht, that would be rotten; leaving you here all on your own while I go away on a big boat with a big bunch of men with big fishing rods and big crates of beer to catch some big fish. I mean, what would you do all day...?'
It's not been easy, of course, but I've just about managed to keep myself occupied...
...having a boring time eating a stodgy American breakfast smothered in maple syrup, drinking lots of coffee and a reading a good book... |
...then walking along the beach with only the birds and a family of playful dolphins for company (the dolphins are out there somewhere, honest! I just wasn't quick enough with the camera!)...
...and finally sitting here reading, writing and watching the world go by while I wait for Alex's boat to dock...
Yup, it's been a really tough one dear, but somehow I've just about managed to keep myself busy and ended up feeling really good today...!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!