Today’s the start of something new. On the same day that Ross’s
Second Year Uni ‘Fresher’s Week' starts and Gemma’s final year of Uni course
work starts, I’m starting my Postgrad Diploma course at Strathclyde Uni. So, this
is a hastily scribbled post while I’m throwing my breakfast down and thinking
about what lies ahead; two years as a part-time student (though I’m in every
day for this first week) while finding the fit for it around work work for our
wee business and my work at the hospice. It’s going to be a busy time, but I’m
really looking forward to it (with some trepidation of course, but it would
be weird if I didn’t feel a wee bit nervous!).
So, I better head off and pack my school-bag! It does feel
kind of strange to be heading off to Uni on the same day as two of my kids are
(assuming that they’ve managed out of their kips from their respective digs....),
and I’m delighted to have their support for me doing it. But, I’m excited and
feeling good about this next new thing; meeting new people, learning new things
and making the most of this new experience.
...and, I'm pretty sure that I'll have a much better attendance record than I did during my first time around at Uni over twenty years ago....!
Wow! I'm so impressed you are going back to school. I think about doing that myself from time to time. Maybe some day. I know you have a passion for music therapy...will you be studying that?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, and I hope your first week is all you could wish for.
If you stay out of the pub do you mean???
ReplyDeleteAll the best in your new venture Jane.
Al.