Friday, 2 March 2012

Singing staff!

I’ve found my first act to perform for the patients at the hospice! There we were this morning, me and Kirsty (my line manager), working away on our computers in the office, when we were interrupted by a knock on the office door.

“We’ve come to sing for you!”

Next thing, the door burst open and in piled a bunch of the ladies from the kitchen – all of whom I’d met for the first time yesterday.

“We just think this music thing’s a great idea, so we’re here to show you what we can do!”

Aw man, it was absolutely brilliant! And, those lovely ladies totally summed up the spirit in which – I’m delighted to say – my project’s been welcomed by the staff at Strathcarron. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Fabby - How generous of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was Al - and they've since been coached by a visiting choreographer; there's just no stopping them!

      Delete
  2. From FB:

    KM: Brilliant Jane they will be stars xxxxxx

    JM: I've already told them I want commision when they get famous!! :) xxx

    SMG: What a happy bunch! Seems like a lovely place to work. x

    AG: you might just have stumbled on the next subu here!

    RH: This is great Jane - loved the song and the enthusiasm - your inspirational idea is off to a brilliant start! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!