I’d hoped to organise a fundraising ‘sit down and appreciate’ concert during my placement, but I’ve opted instead for more of a social event; an evening of live music with a buffet and dance floor thrown in! The venue’s booked (a large ballroom in a local hotel), the live music line-up’s been arranged and I’ve made a start on asking for raffle prize donations.
So, I spent about 4 hours in front of my computer last weekend trying my best to design a poster for the event. Much of that time was spent swearing at my laptop; I’m absolutely hopeless at that kind of thing. However, I eventually produced something that resembled a poster and was so chuffed with the result that I stuck it up on our fridge door. My two eldest children were home for a visit from their respective Universities at the weekend and, as per usual on their arrival, we were all gathered in the kitchen blethering and catching up: “What d’you think then kids?”, I asked my 20, 18 and 16 year olds. A very long pause was followed by “Yeh, em, it’s, em, it’s really good Mum. Well done!” Another long pause was followed by, “I could always give you a wee hand with it Mum…” Humph. However, a wee while later, my daughter produced this for me:
I’m delighted with it. Next, I need to think about designing and printing off tickets for the event……..wonder if Gemma’s got any free time on her hands this week….?!

Technology eh? Not my thing either in so many ways.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness for the computer literate!