Well hello old friend. It's been a while!
I've mostly had a very ordinary day today sat in front of the computer catching up on some admin, writing a post for one of my other blogs and doing some research (em, in other words, jumping around from one link to another trying to glean information and ideas for that ground-breaking piece of writing...!) But something a bit more out of the ordinary did happen this morning in the shape of a telephone call from a writer from the magazine Women's Cycling.
I would've loved the opportunity to write my own piece for the magazine (maybe one day...), but it was nice of the editor to take an interest in my exploits. The writer asked me a load of questions and I've been mulling over my responses thinking 'Ocht, I missed that bit out' or 'Ocht, I shouldn't have said that!' or 'Ocht, am I going to come across like a numpty?!' So, needless to say, I'm slightly apprehensive about how the article will turn out. I'm just hoping that any publicity turns out to be good publicity! Especially as I'm still selling copies of my wee book to raise funds for Women V Cancer, and I did make sure I got a good plug in for that!
I'm not sure which edition the article will be published in (if at all) but it definitely won't be for a while yet.
Anyhow, the reason I'm on here tonight telling you about it is that during the course of the conversation the writer asked how things had been for me this past year, in the context of being bitten by the cycling bug, and I replied, 'I've had a great year. It's mostly been about riding, writing and raising funds...'
And I went on to tell her, as concisely as I possibly could, about the pleasure I get from being on my bike, from writing stuff down and from raising cash to help make a difference. Riding, writing and raising funds. I like that.
It's like having a wee tag line to my current brand of 'what makes me feel good'. And that in itself is what's making me feel good today!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving feedback and comments - even if they're just to say a wee hello! So, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing from you!