I'm here with my tail between my legs as I've sadly neglected this wee blog recently. I should really own up - I've been having a bit of an affair with Wordpress and have started my very own website and a new blog with my very own domain name (http://janewrites.co.uk/)
I set myself a goal back in September last year when I said:
"I'm going to aim to have something - even if it's just a teeny wee something - published by this time next year! There, now that I've said it out loud I have to put my mind to it and get on with it! I'm going to try to be a 'proper' writer with some of my free time. And the thought of that, dear reader, is making me feel really good today."
And I've done just that. I've spent most of my spare time during these past months either researching for the book, writing it, learning about self-publishing, working with a graphic designer, collaborating with contributors, finding sponsors and negotiating with printing companies. It's been a busy, and brilliant, time.
The end result is a very little book of rhymes that seems to be making a difference already. It's been on sale for less than a week and I've had some great feedback already.
Tomorrow I'm hosting 'A little light launch'. It won't be too grand an affair, but it'll hopefully be a good night amongst friends, some of my family (the rest of whom I'll sorely miss) and strangers (who'll no doubt soon be friends) too. Who would've thought? Little old me holding a little light launch of my little new book.
Making it to my goal before September, and loving every step of the journey to get here. That's what's making me feel good today.
Congratulations Jane. That's great news. Is it something linked to the hospice too? Regardless, it's a great thing! Well done lass.
ReplyDeleteThank you Al. It's not something that's linked to the hospice this time around, but I was certainly inspired by the many incredible patients (and their families) that I've had the pleasure of working with over the years at the hospice.
DeleteSo far, the book's been really well received. I'm still pinching myself..!
As it should! Wow! Congratulations, Jane. I'm getting close to finishing the first draft of my novel, and then the re-writing begins...but it's so exciting! I'm going to have a look at your Wordpress site.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Rebecca. Mine's is a very little book and I'm so very excited - I can't imagine how it must feel to publish a novel! I've had one overseas sale already, not that I'm hinting or anything..... :)
Delete