I’ve been work working most of the day. Every now and again, to break the monotony, I’ve been logging in to the choir ‘channel’ on YouTube in order to practice the songs that I’ve missed. (This highlights another advantage of working from home – no one can hear me screech!) Annie puts such a lot of time and effort in to recording each part on to the channel. It must take her ages; she plays the piano and sings along for each and every part (melody, low harmony, middle harmony etc) for all the new songs, but I’m so glad she does! It’s a brilliant way of helping us learn at home.
On Monday, while I was sulking with my sore throat, the choir members that had made it along to practice were learning ‘Angels’. It must be one of the best known pop songs – I know it word for word so trying to learn the low harmony has been a nightmare! I just keep falling into the trap of singing the song as I know it. Even with the fantastic help of Annie’s YouTube video! All those ‘Singstar’ and ‘beer-bottle-in-the-living-room’ nights are now coming back to haunt me! Hopefully I’ll have cracked it by next Monday night, or I can see the rest of the crew from the low harmony group wishing I’d never joined! Anyway, the positive for me is that I can, as last, join in again as my voice seems to be more or less back to normal – whether I’ll be managing to get the songs right is another matter. Hopefully, a bucket load of enthusiasm will make up for the odd wrong note or two!
'No-one can hear me screech'
ReplyDeleteSound like the title of a horror movie - with you doing the soundtrack!!!!
Sounds like some one should create a wii choir game/app {hate that app word} thingy for you too.
Have a great weekend.
regards.....Al.
Hahaha. Maybe you've got something there Al; know any good software designers...?!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a lovely weekend too.